Students can apply to SUNY colleges on the Common Application or on the SUNY website.
There is a $50.00 application fee for each campus selected on the application. Students who are eligible for free and reduced price lunch are encouraged to look into the EOP requirements as EOP automatically waives the application fee for up to 7 colleges.
How to Apply
1. DETERMINE YOUR CAMPUS AND CURRICULUM SELECTIONS.
You can apply to multiple campuses using a single application. You should determine your campus and curriculum selections before starting your application.
2. PREVIEW THE APPLICATION.
If you wish to view the questions and prepare your answers before beginning your online application, print our Online Application Worksheet.
3. CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT.
The first time you use applySUNY, you will be required to create an account. You must supply a valid email address and password so that you can return to work on your application over several sessions.
4. COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION.
You will be presented with several pages of questions to complete. Complete the questions on each page.
5. PAY YOUR APPLICATION FEE.
When you have completed your application and are ready to submit it, you can pay your application fees via a credit card, debit card, or you can mail a check or money order to the Application Services Center. There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 per campus selection.
6. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION.
You will receive confirmation of submission by email. You can check back at applySUNYin 48 hours to view your application status online.
7. SEND YOUR ADDITIONAL FORMS.
Freshman applicants should print and give the School Counselor Form to your high school counselor to complete.
8. SUBMIT YOUR SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATIONS.
In addition to your online application, some campuses may require or recommend a supplemental application, which may include an essay question. You will be directed to return to applySUNY to complete those supplemental applications.
9. SUBMIT YOUR ACADEMIC RECORD.
- Ask your high school counselor to submit your transcript electronically, using SUNY CounselorConnect.
- Ask your high school counselor to mail your official high school transcript directly to the campuses to which you have applied.
10. WAIT FOR YOUR DECISION(S).
You will receive an admission decision from each college to which you apply.